Bobby got a cold for Christmas and he decided to give it to me for New Year’s. I’ve been struggling for a few days just to do the minimum required for getting by–you know eating, sleeping and going to work. However, on this first day of the new year, I wanted to reflect back on the awesomeness that was 2015.
I started a blog! Is that not crazy?! It has been such a fun ride. I have gotten to see and do so many cool things. And now they are recorded for all time–or at least until the apocalypse comes that wipes out all electricity and we are back in the dark ages with no internet. But that’s a conversation for another time.
Here are my five favorite blogs from 2015. They might not have been the most viewed, but they are the ones that are near and dear to my heart:
- Niagara Falls–This was the one that started it all. If we hadn’t made that trip in 47 hours, who knows if Wendi’s Weekend Trips and Whatnot would even exist. It was a great time and I’m glad we did it.
- Heck’s Cafe–No surprise here that I love burgers. So getting a chance to go to Heck’s, getting a great burger and awesome dessert, well that is just a memory I love to relive.
- Kirby the Kitten–I wrote that blog when Kirby was with us for just a few hours. If I had waited until today, it might have been a very different blog! Kirby has remained the fearless kitten he was in the beginning. He still purrs loudly. He still plays with Owney. He still bugs the older cats. And every now and again, he cuddles up with me on our chair. He has been a great addition to the family. He is a reminder that God answers prayers, even silly little ones about a new kitten. Thank you, God!
- Being a Kid Again–It has been great spending time with my great nephews. We always seem to have a lot of fun. But on this day, when we were just hanging out at my parents’ home, helped me relive the fun things I did as a kid. Only this time, I had a great appreciation for the carefree attitude children can have.
- Owney’s Trip to Day Care–Technically this is Owney’s blog, but it is still one of my favorites. That little terrier mix is quite a bundle of energy. I can hardly wait to see what he has planned for 2016. (Don’t worry, he’ll blog about it and let you know!)
I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane with me. I know I have! As we begin a new year, I pray that it is one that is filled with fun, laughter, family, friends and fulfilled dreams.
Remember, you can subscribe to my blog on the top right of this page. If you do, you’ll get a free ebook and the chance to never miss one of my blogs!